[Gimp-developer] Colour management and the proof module

Hi All,

I've been playing with the colour proof display module, since it seemed like a good place to start playing with colour management.

As it stands (in gimp-2.1.2), the proof module only allows a single profile (for the monitor) to be selected. Profiles are only useful in pairs, so it builds a transform from lcms's built-in sRGB profile to the monitor's profile, which is then used in the display filter.

I've played around a bit and improved the filter to the point where source, destination and proofing colour profiles can be selected individually, and am now getting some impressive results from my newly-profiled scanner and a rough profile generated for my Laptop's LCD, which like many older TFT displays has a rather odd colour balance.

Now I have a couple of questions:

Is there any way of retrieving an image's parasites from within its display filters (i.e. can the filter reference the image), or am I limited to global parasites?

Has any thought been given to setting up global display filters so that the user doesn't have to select them for every newly-opened image?

Finally, someone (Sven?) mentioned something about widgets (or more precisely, the colour selectors) being able to make use of the display filters; how far has this progressed?

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson