Re: [Gimp-developer] "Extrude"-filter and lots of triangles

Actually I would go about this differently:  Start by
making a list of all of the triangles, recording their
vertices.  Then go through the image, and for each pixel,
figure out which triangle is visible there, and render
its color.  I think this would be a lot faster, and it
lets you work with a tile iterator as well.

If you start searching from the center of the image, and
work outward, then the first triangle you find that
overlies the point will be the one that is visible,
so the search can be done pretty efficiently.  In fact,
there may even be a way of calculating which triangle is
visible above a given pixel without having to do any
searching.

Best,
  -- Bill

Sent via the KillerWebMail system at primate.ucdavis.edu