Re: [Gimp-developer] Color management: conclusions?

Hi,

David Neary <dneary@xxxxxxx> writes:

> > > Finally, a question:  How is a plugin supposed to go about storing
> > > persistent data between sessions (i.e. in my case, the filenames of
> > > the profiles last used)?
> >
> > The plug-in can attach a persistent parasite to gimp.
>
> Are parasites ever saved across sessions? I didn't think they
> were.

Persistent parasites are saved of course. Otherwise they wouldn't be
persistent.

This also implies that the plug-in authors should be careful with
persistent parasites. They would better be able to parse any parasite
they set in an earlier version (or at least detect that the format
changed and gracefully ignore it).

Sven