Re: [Gimp-developer] removing gimp toys, second opinion please?

Alan Horkan (horkana@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> I suggested that the old Toys be removed from the Gimp for version
> 2.2. To my surprise Mitch rejected the idea (without much
> explanation),

I definitely want these things to stay too. These toys have historically
been easter eggs in the Gimp and - as Adam pointed out - are hard to
port to make useful plugins.

However, these things are useless for practical purposes but they are
fun. And fortunately we don't have to make GIMP a streamlined
application where everything has to be optimized for maximum profit.

The "Toys" submenu IMO is such a point where fun prevails usability. The
Submenu is clearly labeled, nobody should expect something usable in it
and thats it. Since it does not conflict with the overall usabiltiy
there is no point in killing these nifty toys.

Bye,
        Simon

--
              simon@xxxxxxxx              http://simon.budig.de/