Re: [Gimp-developer] New feature inquiry.

On 18.07.2004, at 03:07, Christopher W. Curtis wrote:

And we want it rendered using glitz!

http://freedesktop.org/Software/glitz

... but seriously, does anyone think it's possible to offload processing to the GPU? Is that part of the GEGL pipe goals? I didn't see anything at the site in the docs ...

This has been discussed some time ago and was tossed because it seemed unfeasible back then, partly due to the hard coded assumptions in the RGBA rendering model.

However with the integration of GEGL and more flexible data
types it might be worth to look into that again. I'd certainly
enjoy the idea of doing the composition using the GPU and
shader programs.

Servus,
      Daniel