Re: [Gimp-developer] OSCon attendance

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 05:49, Nathan Carl Summers wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Dave Neary wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Quoting Carol Spears <carol@xxxxxxxx>:
> > >
> > > awesome.
> >
> > We're a long way from winning - we're up against the Valgrind
> > guy, Pango, VideoLAN, GNU arch and a couple of other really
> > good projects. We have a shot, though.
>
> Heh, my vote is for Valgrind.  :)

Well, valgrind is a very nice and useful tool. (I know becuase I'm also using
it extensively) However, I think that perhaps GNU Arch deserves to win
because:

1. It's also supposed to be very nice.

2. Its main developer (Tom Lord) is desperately in need of cash, as he is
currently unemployed. (or at least was the last time I checked).

This is despite the fact that I'm actually using Subversion where I can, and
CVS where I must. Of course, Subversion was not nominated, and it has no
problem of funds, because a large part of its development is sponsored by
Collab-Net. (and it otherwise has plenty of volunteers who don't need to be
supported).

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      shlomif@xxxxxxxxxxx