Re: [Gimp-developer] color management

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Jean-Christophe Dubacq wrote:

> But one could want to make operations using specific profiles. I mean,
> addition is clearly not the same in CMYK or in sRGB, and marginally
> different in other color spaces.

 Gimp uses only one internal colorspace, 8bit RGB and I don't see that
changing any time soon. So, you will never make operations in CMYK.
 The whole point with colorspaces is to have acurate colors. If you work
in a colorspace with a wide enough gamut you are ok. That's why photoshop
uses internally Adobe RGB 1998 independently of the images original color
space.