Re: [Gimp-developer] Usability test - Results available

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 17:05 +0200, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:

> - Design (== new point + Edit Point; default)
> - Add (== add point or segment; CTRL)
> - Remove (== delete point or segment; SHIFT)
> - Move All (ALT)
>
> What do you think?

Shift is commonly used for adding to selection. It should remain
consistent with everything else. The "cumbersome" shortcut of Ctrl+Shift
is quite handy for delete since you hardly hit it by accident.

I understand there is quite a learning curve involved with the path
tool. On the other hand, compare the tool to what sodipodi implements.
They have clear buttons for every action yet completing the same task
means kilometers of mouse movement and millions of clicks.

The delete key (and backspace) functionality would be a great addition.
I also agree some better feedback on what to expect from the tool is
due. I am thinking with better cursors a lot can be improved.  However
the chosen _modifiers_ and tool behaviour was very natural to get used
to in my opinion and something I would love to see in one of the free
vector editors.

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac@xxxxxxxxxx>