[Gimp-developer] Re: Linux common ICC profile directory

kleins@xxxxxx (2004-05-20 at 0124.38 +0200):
> Marti Maria, developer of littlecms (www.littlecms.com), suggested
> /usr/share/color/icc and ~/.color/icc as intuitive paths. We decided to
> go along with this.

Could a small change be done? Make the global dir a pair,
/usr/local/share/color/icc then /usr/share/color/icc to keep the now
traditional organization of admin made and system shipped files.

I got the idea from, which could also be taken into account for a more
detailed standard:
http://freedesktop.org/Standards/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-0.6.html

As side note, if anybody knows how to get a spec into freedesktop,
that would be the best. The specs do not have to be huge at all, but
being documented in such site would help to get them used.

GSR