Re: [Gimp-developer] --enable-gimp-console... are you nuts?

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 12:44:10AM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Carol Spears <carol@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > something should be done about it.  change the spew or fix the
> > linkage.  i am thinking that there was a mistake made here where i
> > live.
> >
> > i said nothong, not nothing.  did i send this message down the wrong
> > pipeline?
>
> I don't think there is anything we need to change here. You are using
> a nonstandard configure option that is strictly discouraged. We know
> that it doesn't work and we told you. We even plan to fix it
> eventually.

you told so in email and on the irc.  the very fact that i am
occasionally reading the configure options alone is enough to assertain
that it is not just developers reading this stuff.

i would like that the message resemble the facts.  you type strictly
discouraged in email but the configure spew sends a different message.
one that looks like a lame message for as long as it has been there.

perhaps just pasting some of the email discouragements where it should
be, in the configure --help spew.

you know, for the honest groupies and hobbyists like me.

carol