Re: [Gimp-developer] 2 Questions

Stephan Menzel (stephan42@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
[...]
(Nothing to say about your first point)

> 2. The new 'Crop' tool is not as simple as the old. Formerly there used to be
> a border that opens and you could drag the corners around until they finally
> matched what you wanted and then you pressed the crop button. There was a
> shortcut too. (Ctrl+c?) Now the shortcut seems to be gone and there are no
> longer dragable corners.

I think the shortcut is Shift-C, and I don't think that changed.
You also can assign a different shortcut when enabling "dynamic keyboard
shortcuts" in the preferences, hovering your mouse over
Tools->Transform Tools->Crop & Resize  and press the new shortcut.

Also I don't think that there something has fundamentally changed in the
handling of the tool itself. It surely still has the edges (for resizing
and moving the rectangle). I don't know what happens for you there.

Maybe try again? And if it really doesn't work describe more clearly
what you are doing and what is different from what you expect.

Bye,
        Simon
--
              simon@xxxxxxxx              http://simon.budig.de/