Re: [Gimp-developer] Idea for support page

On 10 May 2004, at 9:40, Dave Neary wrote:

> A friend here heard about Koha, an open source library management
> program, and I was looking at their site, and found this:
> http://koha.org/installation/support.html

Funny, I just visited that site a couple of days ago, in search for a
library system (and finally recommending
<http://obiblio.sourceforge.net> to the person who asked me to look
for one). This is about the sort of library one borrows books from,
for those wondering. :-)

> I think this is a great idea. If there are people out there prepared
> to give commercial support to the GIMP, there should be a way for them
> to get some kind of "official" status, and have their name listed on
> the gimp.org website.
>
> What do people think of the idea? Is the GIMP the kind of program for
> which support contracts might be bought? Are there people out there
> who want to include "GIMP Support" in their business? Lots of open
> questions - I thought this was a great idea though.

I can see several sorts of support possible:

- build & installation support

- beginners classes Using the GIMP

- plug-in coding

- generic upkeep (calling when new versions are out, that sort of
thing)

None of that sounds very exciting, but I don't work in the support
business. I can imagine that for an organisation for which time is
money, any sort of support they can buy-in is welcome.

--
branko collin
collin@xxxxxxxxx