Re: [Gimp-developer] Screenshots

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 14:19, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Dave Neary <dneary@xxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I disagree. I think that www.gimp.org is a site for GIMP users, and
> > that includes bleeding edge users. developer.gimp.org is a site for
> > GIMP developers, at least that was my understanding of the motivation
> > behind it.
>
> Well, that was not at all the motivation behind it. developer.gimp.org
> is meant to be a site that gives insight into GIMP development.  It's
> supposed to have roadmaps, feature lists and screenshots from the
> development version. That's information that is certainly interesting
> to GIMP users.

I fully agree with this. I'd like to be able to invest more time in
getting dgo in better shape than I already have but being in the middle
of my exams I really have a hard time finding enough time to even read
these mailing lists.

Anyways, the developer.gimp.org site is in GNOME CVS in gimp-web-devel
module and as with the GIMP itself patches are most welcome.

> If there's disagreement about this information being kept on a
> separate site, then we should probably merge the two. I don't want
> developer.gimp.org to be a site for developers only. The idea was to
> have a site that people check to get an update on the state and
> direction of GIMP development. Of course the idea is to turn more
> people into GIMP developers but for that to work, the site needs to
> be interesting for non-developers also.

I've started a Developer FAQ and made the framework for adding articles
about GIMPCon, plug-in development etc. Simon has been very kind to give
his permission to include his paper on Script-Fu and plug-ins for The
GIMP on the site - but I haven't had the time to convert it yet.

Merging the two sites, wgo and dgo, would only clutter up the menu and
thus make the site very hard to navigate for new comers. I think that
wgo should continue to contain stuff for users such as tutorials,
downloads, HOWTOs etc. Let's keep all the interesting^Hdevelopers stuff
on dgo.

Regards,
Brix
--