Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp Menu Reorganization

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm still there to attend to some
usability issues!

Roman and I did some usability testing, and we wrote an article for the
German Linux User based on the findings. In the meantime, we were both
quite occupied with working for our offices, but now we started
translating the results into English and to form some suggestions. We'll
soon post them on the list!

This week, I'll do three or four more tests, and I'll also show them the
Wiki page to make them think about a good menu structure. It's really a
great idea to provide a Wiki page for that concern!! I'm also planning
to do some card sorting to learn more about the user's cognitive
representation of the menu items and use the page as a basis for that.

Greetings,
/ellen

Am Di, 2004-05-04 um 15.36 schrieb Branko Collin:
> On 30 Apr 2004, at 14:43, Nathan Carl Summers wrote:
>
> > Hmm, the last message I sent seemed not to get through, so here it is
> > another time.
> >
> > Noting that several people have expressed desires to improve GIMP's
> > menu structure, I have started a Wiki page which we can use as a
> > whiteboard for rearraigning the menu items.  I have even started to
> > group the menu items, although it still needs a lot of work.
> >
> > You don't need a special account or anything -- just visit
> > http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/GimpMenuReorganization and hit "EditText" to
> > edit the page.  You can move things around, rename items,  or just add
> > commentary!  Here is your chance to help make gimp more usable.
>
> The usability tests that are plans may provide additional data.

Ellen Reitmayr          email: reitmayr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Usability Engineer      mobil: +49.177.3325867
relevantive AG          fon:   +49.30.23455630
Zehdenicker Str. 21     fax:   +49.30.23455639
10119 Berlin            web:   www.relevantive.de