Re: [Gimp-developer] Joining the GNOME Foundation

Daniel Rogers wrote:

Dave neary and I talked to Tim Ney about this. There is goign to be a small cut taken by TGF. It is very close to the lower end of your range, but I won't know specifically until the board approves the number (which they are supposed to do soon).

Another matter you should have made clear and in writing: in the event that you do choose to spin off and separate from them, you should be able to withdraw all earmarked funds (less any agreed administrative levies) to start the new organization. Absent such an agreement, you'll be on their grace to get those funds, which might not be available if the parting is on less than best terms.

Remember: I went to law school. I've been trained to contemplate the worst that can happen and so must mention it, even I don't expect it to.

Kelly