Re: [Gimp-developer] Joining the GNOME Foundation

Hi,

Nathan Carl Summers wrote:
On Sat, 1 May 2004, David Neary wrote:
Are there any people opposed to closer ties with the GNOME
Foundation?

I don't see any reason why we can't do both: work closely with the GNOME Foundation now, while the GIMP Foundation is getting off the ground, and then continuing to work with them to some extent once the GIMP Foundation is a reality.

There is only one - a coprporation in California (the state that the GIMP Foundation is incorporated in) has a minimum income tax charge of $80year, even if you don't do anything.

So while we're not doing anything with the GIMP Foundation, someone's out of pocket for that.

Of course, we might decide that's something we're prepared to do, and chip in once a year to get the $800 among ourselves, or solicit funds for that. But it's a consideration which means that it's hard to do nothing with a GIMP Foundation (in addition, a foundation that's doing nothing will not easily get non-profit status).

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary