Re: [Gimp-developer] new file-new dialog (Was: Joining the GNOME Foundation)

with his permission.

Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 16:53:32 -0500
From: Seth Burgess <seth.burgess@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Nathan Carl Summers <rock@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] new file-new dialog (Was: Joining the GNOME
    Foundation)

Also, from the HIG:

Right-justify the contents of spin boxes, unless the convention in the
user's locale demands otherwise. This is useful in windows where the
user might want to compare two numerical values in the same column of
controls. In this case, ensure the right edges of the relevant
controls are also aligned.

Its just my opinion, but I think showing 3 places of precision past
the decimal for resolution is a bit excessive and I would hazard
rarely adds any useful information.

The alignment of 'Y' seems different than that of 'X' in 'Resolution
X.'  Maybe just an odd font rendering, but it looks to me like
Resolution X has an extra space between X and ':".

I disagree on the vertical separator - I think the absense of such
noise is welcome in the dialog, and its pretty clear without it due to
the bolded headings.

Seth