Re: [Gimp-developer] Joining the GNOME Foundation

On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 06:06:54PM +0200, David Neary <dneary@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> For the moment, I am working under the supposition that the best
> option available to us is to join the GNOME Foundation. That
> means that when we do fundraising, the donations would go to the
> GNOME Foundation, and when we have expenses we would ask the
> GNOME Foundation for money.

In what way would this be different to "we give the donations to the FSF
and ask them nicely if we want money"?

The original idea behind a seperate gimp foundation was that begging would
be necessary (even if the GNOME foudation might be rather open to giving
money...)

> Are there any people opposed to closer ties with the GNOME
> Foundation?

Well, GIMP is not part of GNOME, and this assertion was made repeatedly
over the years. Apart from labeling GIMP more of a GNOME program, I
wouldn't oppose (but I don't count much anyway :)

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|