Re: [Gimp-developer] Donation for GIMP features

On 1 May 2004, at 11:02, J. Grant wrote:

> I wonder if there is any way I can donate money towards
> development of a specific feature addition in GIMP?

Hello J.,

I guess there are two ways:

1) Unconditionally donate money to the group. This may buy you
goodwill, and it will enable GIMP developers to get together on GIMP
conferences, which may help the progress of the project in general.
However, it won't influence directly the creation of the feature you
want.

2) Find a developer (not necesarilly an existing GIMP developer) who
will create the feature for you.

Note that even in case 2, there is absolutely no guarantee that the
feature will be folded into the GIMP tree that is developed by the
people on this list.

For that, you would probably need to convince the people on this list
that your feature is useful, and your developer will have to make
sure (s)he sticks by the rules of adding code to the tree.

Of course, having the code remain outside the GIMP may be exactly
what you want. In that case, your task is just to find a developer.
There used to be websites where you could hook up with such coders
(sort of like dating sites :-)), but I don't seem to be able to flex
my renowned Google skills this very moment and find some for you.

If you would like to have something developed that can be used by
others (i.e. free software), please tell us what you want.

--
branko collin
collin@xxxxxxxxx