Re: [Gimp-developer] what's wrong about this list [was: Gimp 2.0]

On Friday 23 April 2004 08:10, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Raphaël Quinet <quinet@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Currently, I think that having a look at the ChangeLog is the best way
> > (although cumbersome) to figure out who is working on what.  Maybe we
> > could make this easier by processing the ChangeLog automatically,
> > analyzing who is working on what and publishing a list of the top
> > contributors to each part of the code in the last N months (e.g.,
> > stats per directory in the source tree).  That would not be perfect,
> > but maybe it would be better than what we have now because this would
> > be updated automatically.  Some time ago, I wrote a script that parses
> > the GIMP ChangeLog files and tries to figure out who are the most
> > active developers.  Maybe I should try to hack it a bit more.
>
> That sounds like something that should be done using the CVS
> information, not by parsing the ChangeLog. Perhaps have a look at
> statcvs, a CVS Repository statistic analysis tool.

Would not that turn up just those who have CVS access?
Maybe a mix of both.
Maybe split contributors in developers and small contributors. That way,
one looking on the about dialog would not have to wait ages to see your name
and Mitch's, for example.