Re: [Gimp-developer] interface nomenclature

Hi,

"William Skaggs" <weskaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hmm.  With Dialogs->Create New Dock you are given a choice of three
> types of docks.

That is a misunderstanding. All the Dialogs in this menu are embedded
in dock windows. The three docks that come up with multiple dockables
are just convenience constructors. I am not sure if it makes sense to
treat them as something else than that.

> The Layers etc dock is special because it contains the Layers menu
> at the top -- there is no way to put this menu in any other dock.

I assume that you are speaking of the Image menu here. You can put an
image menu in all dock windows except the toolbox. Just click on the
Menu icon next to the Close icon. There you can activate the entry
that says "Show Image menu".

Sven