Re: [Gimp-developer] Pushing the 2.0 release

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 07:46:16PM +0100, David Neary wrote:
> Hi Sven,
>
> Sven Neumann wrote:
> > think we can get GIMP into shape for 2.0rc1 until sunday. Since this
> > will involve quite some hacking, we should IMO do a 2.0rc1 tarball but
> > the idea is that unless there are major problems with this tarball,
> > 2.0.0 should be released a few days later.
>
> This sounds great. Thanks.

  Ditto.

> > PPS: I would also appreciate if people would not spend their time with
> >      discussions that are not related to the 2.0 release. These can
> >      probably wait until 2.0 is out of the door.
>
> I'll work on the press pack this weekend. As to the other
> discussions, I guess that we can talk more about the project's
> organisation after 2.0.

  Just to avoid duplicate efforts, I guess we should try to tell who is
doing an announce and where.

I can do the announce on linuxfr (french linux related news site), if
nobody object. Who will do on slashdot, and other major news sites?

    Regards,

          DindinX

--
david@xxxxxxxxxxx
Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand?