Re: [Gimp-developer] Costs estimates

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 03:42:19PM +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> Could everyone planning to go to Kristiansand send an estimate of how
> much money they will need to get there? Also, could you mention whether
> you will need some money in advance to pay for a plane ticket or
> something? If we know that you need money in advance, we can try and
> work something out.
Well, I don't know if it is possible for me to come, because I'm in
Rotterdam to complete my internship in this time. I think, that this isn't
the biggest problem for me, rather then the expenses for travel.

> Your expenses should cover transport and accommodation, and you should
> also say how much you really need - so for example, "My plane ticket
> is 350 EUR, and hotel will be about 150 EUR for the 3 nights, so that
> makes 500 EUR, but I guess I could get there with 300 EUR and put up
> the other 200 EUR myself". Basically, the chances are that there will
> not be enough money to cover all expenses, but if there aren't we'll
> try to cover the minimum to have the maximum amount of people there.
I checked at opodo.de for travelcosts by plane to kristiansand and it
was very expensive: 700 EUR and more (the route is stupid - they'll fly
through europe to oslo). The "Deutsche Bahn" couldn't give me a price,
so maybe there will be other chances or places to look for a more
cheaper ticket. Please let me know, if there are cheaper ways ...

I found some hotels to stay and there are about 764 NOK (about 87 EUR)
times 3 and i got: 261 EUR for accomondation. Maybe its possible to stay
as a student in the student flats or in a motel room ...

If that is, what it looks like (more than 1000 EUR) i better stay in
rotterdam for this year and let some more important persons for gimp
development to meet eachother in kristiansand. About 500 EUR looks
possible for me, but traveling by car seems more stressfull for my car
than for me ;)

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost