Re: [Gimp-developer] virus issue on the gimp-developer mailing list

Mat Caughron (mat@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> I'm not the list administrator, but I'd like to urge the
> following gimp-developers to closely examine their emailing workstations
> for viruses.

Please note that virii are known to fake email-adresses and typically
use From:-Adresses that are somehow related to the recipient (e.g.
because the addresses have been harvested in the same place).

I guess, that most of the people listed below are using linux or some
other unix-variant on their email-server and thus are not likely to
spread virii.

Bye,
        Simon

--