[Gimp-developer] about spam

>From: "Branko Collin" <collin@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>On 21 Feb 2004, at 18:57, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
>
>> Hello. I'm getting spam like this. Many times per day.
>> Sven and Austin, say what, somebody is using your names;
>> why don't you go and file these cases to police?
>> In otherhand if you agree with the spammer by doing
>> nothing, then you're part of the spamming.
>
>What is the crime?

You don't know?
There could be many. Using somebody else's name and address is one,
that is up to Sven and others to decide what they do about it.

Sending a virus is illegal too, right?

And if I would want to do something, I would file a case against
the persons whos names appear in the mails. But pretty quickly
I would learn the addresses were maybe faked. I don't have to
understand these technical issues for filing a case.

The message-id said an hungarian(?) site. Can adm block the mails
where the sender address does not match the message-id?
These large binary postings are specially annoying for me, a digest
subscriber.

Regards,
Juhana