Re: Re : Re : [Gimp-developer] Extended Input Devices

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 21:41, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
> I agree, I've not any problem with gimp 1.2 ; the problem is only with
> 1.3 and 2.0pre.
>
> I think it is not a driver problem as the problem occurs only in one
> case: when the stylus/eraser/pointer is on the menu bar of the main
> window. In this case, I can see the cursor switching quickly between
> the selected device and the core pointer (in the devices status dialog
> or in a tool option box). But in _any_ other case: on any windows or
> picture, even when I pick a tool from the main window, everything works
> fine.

Thanks for your replies (and to Sven for his patience - Evolution is
doing what I tell it to do, not what I expect it to do - sorry!).

It's quite possible that it's a driver issue - and the Aiptek driver is
based in part on the Wacom driver, although I suspect the code has
diverged now.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure that the device is sending events through with
a consistent device id. I've been looking into the source to try to work
out how the device gets identified from its point of view. I've traced
it through X into Gdk into Gtk (I think), but it's slow going. Any
pointers?

Mike