Re: [Gimp-developer] Win GIMP - tablet support

Hi,

"Jakub Friedl (listy)" <kyknos@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> >It's mostly a question of inspiration and resources (access to a
> >tablet and time). I do have a tablet (have had for a long time), but
> >to tell the truth I rarely use it. I might have the inspiration. But,
> >very seldom do I have time for one of those several hours long
> >concentrated intense hacking sessions that I assume would be needed.
> >And when I have such time, there always seems to be some other, more
> >urgent, bug that needs fixing ;-)
> >

> this bug stops many users from using gimp. i think it is very serious
> and need to be repaired ASAP.
> but i do not have the coding skills necessary to do it :o( so it seems
> i have to learn. but it will take
> a very long time to learn enough to be able to contribute code to the gimp

As Tor already pointed out, this issue would have to be fixed at the
GDK level (that is in the GTK+ project), not in The GIMP.

> BTW i would like to contribute to Gimp development now. Is there any
> need for translations or something like that?  I can translate to
> Czech language, I am very experienced Gimp user on both windows and
> linux and I have written many tutorials for Gimp.

Perhaps you would like to contribute to the gimp-help-2 project
then. These people are writing the online help for gimp2. See
http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/GimpDocs

Sven