Re: [Gimp-developer] Path tool problems

Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Has anyone else found the path tool hard to use?

Yes, when you are talking about the path tool in Gimp 1.2.

> IMHO, the usability is very low there. If I choose to make first
> a polyline and then adjust the curve, the curve type seems to be
> unsuitable. The curve goes easily to serpent. If I choose to
> make the curve progressively, I have to switch between the new
> point and edit mode -- and still the curve is hard to control.

This sounds as if you are talking about Gimp 1.2 indeed.

Please try Gimp 2.0pre2 or Gimp CVS. The Path tool has been rewritten
completely there. I think I adressed most of your points already.

Bye,
        Simon

--
      Simon.Budig@xxxxxxxxxxx       http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/