[Gimp-developer] Anti-counterfeit software: implications for Open Source

Hi,

I'd like to draw the GIMP developer's attention on this Advogato
article. It has some interesting comments and links and somehow I get
the feeling that it would be unwise to ignore this subject:

 http://advogato.org/article/742.html

What is especially worrying me is that there seems to exist a proposal
for EU legislation to require devices and software to include
counterfeit deterrence technology:

 http://www.ecb.int/pub/legal/c_25520031024en00080008.pdf

This document explicitely asks for comments and IMO it would be a good
idea to prepare such a comment. We could do this as the GIMP developers
or try to corporate with the FSF Europe.

Sven