Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp-help-2 news ...

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 03:23:30PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The DTDs are absolutely necessary in order to process the files. You
> cannot expect things to work if the DTDs are missing. Also you
> shouldn't use the DTDs from the network but have them installed at
> your computer. You will need an XML catalog file that tells your XSLT
> processort where the DTDs are found on your disk. Usually this file
> lives in /etc/xml. AFAIK it is correctly installed on recent RedHat
> systems; it is known to be broken on Debian and I don't know about
> other distributions. For Debian there is a script that attempts to fix
> the catalog file. Use it at your own risk:

I looked at http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/UseCatalog.html#d0e3162
and it seems for me, that we don't need a DTD declaration on top of
gimp.xml if the catalog file is present and the corresponding
environment variable is set. I tried to build the manual after removing
the declaration and the translation process works fine. If this would
work on other machines, i'll remove the DTD declaration on top of
gimp.xml.

Are there any concerns about that or do i missed something?

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de