Re: [Gimp-developer] storke selection?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 13:35:03 -0800 (PST), Gezim Hoxha <hgezim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm really frustrated with the storke tool in gimp
> 1.3.23, and I hope it's because of my ignorance.
> Almost all selections (except rectangular ones) turn
> out really ugly when storked...here is an example with
> a circle
>  http://www.geocities.com/hgezim/stroke.html

The circle is converted to line segments for stroking, and
unfortunately there are not enough of them (12 here) so the
results are ugly.  Ideally, it should be possible to configure
how close the segments fit the shape of the selection.  It
would also be nice to configure if the stroking is done inside,
outside or on both sides of the edges of the selection.

Anyway, there is a workaround that should allow you to get a
better circle until some new options are added for stroking
selections: just convert the selection to a path, then stroke
the path.  The results should look a bit better.  Note that
you will probably need to double the stroke width because
that parameter is not interpreted in the same way for selections
and for paths.  Also, you may have to adjust the radius of your
circle (another difference, probably related to stroking inside
or on both sides of the line segments).

-Raphael