Re: [Gimp-developer] Friends of GIMP

Hi,

Quoting Kevin Cozens:
> What is supposed to be the point of such a list? If you pulled names from a
> changelog you are probably making a list of the more active developers of
> the GIMP who are probably already on the gimp-devel mailing list.

A couple of people asked this question - I thought I'd explained the idea
pretty well, but I guess I missed the mark.

The list is a list of people who were active in the project several years ago,
but who have gone on to other things. It would be nice to get some of them back
working on the GIMP, if they have the time. So this is a little effort on our
part (on my part) to communicate better with some people who are likely to be
interested in what's happening with the gimp. The list is pretty incomplete, as
Daniel Egger says, that's why I sent it here to get more suggestions. And as
you say, some of these people are still on the developers list.

Basically, the two groups where we can hope to get volunteers are people who
have already helped with the gimp, and people who have never done so. The
problem with the latter group is that they don't have the accumulated knowledge
of experience, and we don't know who they are. The former group are both
experienced, and known. Therefore, they're easier to get in touch with :)

So - that's the idea. Any additions to the list are graciously accepted.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary