Re: [Gimp-developer] Updating Script-Fu scripts for GIMP 1.3+

At 06:54 AM 12/17/2003 +0100, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> > Script-Fu scripts? In the days of GIMP 1.1.x  there used to be a
> > script which aided in the updating of Script-Fu scripts from the 1.0
> > API to the 1.1/1.2 API but I don't see one in the 1.3 CVS copy of GIMP.

If you talk about scm2scm, it's part of the gimp-perl distro and
relatively straightfoward (no dependencies, it builds a tree of the
script, runs some filtering operations and prints out the script again).

Thank you Marc. It has been so long since I had used the script, or even thought about it, that I couldn't remember the name. I will get a copy of gimp-perl from the CVS repository and take a look at the script. I remember in the 1.0 to 1.1.x days I made changes to the scm2scm script to handle a few things it either wasn't handling or wasn't handling well. It still had problems such as dealing with changes to the argument list to certain API calls but it still made it easier and faster to deal with the cases where only the name had changed.

BTW, the bug fix regarding the positioning of text works. Most of the Script-Fu logo scripts I was updating now work properly in the CVS version of the GIMP as of last night. I have added these updated scripts to my web site (in the software section). I still have about 8 scripts (not all of them Logo scripts) which still need work.

Cheers!

Packet:ve3syb@ve3yra.#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"