Re: [Gimp-developer] Displaying image using GTK

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 01:08:20PM +0000, "Adam D. Moss" <adam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As a data point, I use a (optimized build) mingw cross-compiler
> hosted on linux, and the raw compilation itself takes a lot longer
> (50% longer, or more) than the same compiler version built

That's interesting, but fortunately way better than the time configure
takes.

Preprocessing is indeed a nontrivial compiler phase, but especially with
gcc-3, I would not have expected that to make a 50% difference.

It could be that for some reason math emulation is enabled because it's a
cross compiler build, but since the architecture is the same I wouldn't
expect that. Still, my area of gcc expertise isn't in that area, so I
would have to research that :)

Still, 50% is a lot to be explained by mere monstrous include files.
Maybe someone should profile it *g*

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|