[Gimp-developer] libgimp or libgimpui

As noticeable from recent ChangeLog entries there
is some misunderstanding which functions belong
into libgimp and libgimpui.

My (mis)understanding so far was :

libgimpui : everything which has or provides a user
            interface
libgimp : no UI; exception maybe some user interface
          provided by The Gimp core via PDB, cause
          the generated PDB wrappers live there, too.

The functions in question are
gimp_{brush,font,gradient,pattern}_select_{destroy,new}
which I have put into libgimpui without noticing that
Makefile.am (which my windoze build does not use) has them
in libgimp.
But after noticing to me it appears to be a bug in
Makefile.am not to list them for libgimpui ...

Is there a simple design rule to follow or is the rule that
Makefile.am is always right ?

Oh while we are at it: shouldn't gimp_plug_in_get_path()
be moved from gimpmiscui.c to gimpmisc.c ?

Thanks,
	Hans