Re: [Gimp-developer] Tool Dialogs stuck on top

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 17:00, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>  But I think the tool
> dialogs should remain transient to the image window (and thus will be
> kept on top by most window managers).

Any chance of at least making this configurable by the user?  Transient
to the image window is something I find truly offensive.  I didn't
realize I would, until I tried it, but it means that I can't look at my
full size image as a whole until I either cancel or accept the results
of using the tool -- when it was so much easier to bring my image window
to the front, examine it, and then call back the tool dialog and change
my curve settings or level adjustments and see it all again.

Of course there is a work-around:  simply accept a set of settings, and
use undo to go back so you can try again, but this is far too
reminiscent of the old batch programming days, rather than the truly
interactive adjustments we've come to know and love.

--

--Jeff

Jeff Trefftzs <trefftzs@xxxxxxxx>
http://www.tcsn.net/trefftzs			Home Page