[Gimp-developer] [gimpwin-users] Re: Gimp 1.3.23 available

Tor Lillqvist writes:
 > Possibly the lcms.dll in the lcms11.zip file isn't suitable as such
 > to be used from GIMP, but will have to be rebuilt from source.

Yes, that seems to be the case. I don't know the technical reasons,
but when I built the lcms DLL from sources (a rather simple
./configure --disable-static && make job), no crash any longer.

Still, as I really don't understand colour management very well, I'll
leave it to others to say whether it is useful or not. (In fact I am a
bit colourblind, so I have wondered whether it even would make any
sense for me to try to use a colour managed workflow for my digital
photo workflow at all ;-).)

I'll zip up a runtime and developer package of lcms-1.11, so that
Jernej can use it when building the cdisplay_proof module for
inclusion in the GIMP binary Win32 distribution. Check
www.gimp.org/win32/downloads.html soon.

--tml