Re: [Gimp-developer] removing duplicate names from our data collection

On 20 Nov 2003 16:12:47 +0100
Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> here's an easy task for a potential contributor: At the moment a few
> of the brushes (and perhaps other data files as well) that we
> distribute with the GIMP tarball, have the same name. An example are
> the three "Pencil Sketch" brushes which should probably have the pixel
> size added to their names.
>
> GIMP takes care of duplicate names and adds #n to the name so that
> every brush has a unique name. It would of course be a lot better if
> we wouldn't distribute files with duplicate names. So if someone wants
> to contribute but hesitated to do so because of lack of coding skills,
> here's a job that doesn't require any. All you need to do is to
> identify duplicates, open the respective files and save them with
> unique names. Then send me a tarball of the files that needed to be
> changed. Please let the list know if you are interested so we avoid
> multiple people working on this at the same time.
>

> Sven

Hello, Sven :)
   Could you please send me, or tell me how to get, the files that I
would need to rename, and then give me a reasonably detailed description
of what you want?  I would love to help, and I definitely fit the bill
of not having any coding experience, but in the interest of excellence,
I would like to have the above requested information before I commit to
this task.
   I truly hope to be able to help you with this.  If I understand the
description you gave in the above quoted message, this might be right up
my alley :)

Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick