Re: [Gimp-developer] Status of gegl, gimp 3.0?

On 5 Nov 2003, at 10:35, Piotr Legiecki wrote:

> I'd like to have a glimpse of what and *when* gimp is going to make
> next big step (after 2.0 release), or in other words when gimp is
> going to use gegl?
>
> I have just looked at gegl site and it looks quiet, very quiet.
> Actually it looks just like a year ago ;-( (I mean those % status). Am
> I looking at wrong (not updated) places?

Sometimes Calvin needs to be prodded and poked a little to make him
update the web site. I am sure if you asked him politely, he would
update the site.

A much better source for checking out what's going on with GEGL
(although not for a 'where are we now?' type of overview) is the CVS
tree. See for instance
<http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/rview.cgi?cvsroot=/cvs/gnome&dir=gegl>
(or other views at <http://cvs.gnome.org>). As you can see from the
Changelog, it's mostly one person working at it, although he keeps
working at it steadily. There are several other people involved
though. They are on this list, so they might tell you more.

Good luck,

--
branko collin
collin@xxxxxxxxx