Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp 1.3.21 is on slashdot

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 11:15:40 -0300, "Joao S. O. Bueno" <gwidion@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That means that over the next hours, tens of thousands of people will
> point there browsers to www.gimp.org. Some people in the foruns,
> including me, have provided links to mmmaybe.gimp.org. However, the
> latest release on mmmaybe is 1.3.17. Could 1.3.21 be announced there in
> the next minutes?

Unfortunately, this is difficult to do before the move.  That's why I
wanted the web site to move as soon as possible, so that I can play
directly with the files (using my account on the new box, once it is
set up) and replace the temporary news that have been put on mmmaybe
as a test by the "real" news that have been posted over the years on
news.gimp.org and more recently on www.gimp.org.

Adding a single news item for 1.3.21 would be a quick hack, but would
not solve the problem of migrating the news archive to the new site.
I prepared some of the work by extracting all individual news items
that have been posted on the old web site out of its private CVS
repository, but now I need the web site to be moved before I can
import all these articles with correct dates and authors into the new
system.

In summary, this premature announcement on Slashdot coupled with the
delayed move of the web site is just causing a big mess.  :-(

-Raphaël