Re: [Gimp-developer] Converting old plug-ins to wirk with gimp-1.3.20 (gimp-2)

Hi,

Jeff Trefftzs <trefftzs@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 06:44, Sven Neumann wrote:
>
> > If your plug-in still needs GIMP_ENABLE_COMPAT_CRUFT, it hasn't been
> > ported to gimp-1.2 yet. Of course you need to do that first.
> >

> Do I need to do anything except replace the old cruft with the new calls
> as specified in gimp-1.2.5/libgimp/gimpcompat.h?

It it compiles against the 1.2 API with GIMP_ENABLE_COMPAT_CRUFT
defined, it should compile without that define after you've made the
changes defined by 1.2 gimpcompat.h.

For gimp-1.3 we decided not to include gimpcompat.h from gimp.h. So
instead of adding a define to get the compat cruft, you have to
include an extra header file. Not all changes are covered by this
file. Mainly because you cannot wrap all API changes in #defines.
There aren't too many other changes however. All of them should create
a compiler error. Please compile with -Wall to request all the help
the compiler can give you.

> Thanks for your prompt and helpful reply.  It looks like I found
> most of the required changes. I'll get busy converting and let you
> know how it all comes out.

Perhaps you want to contribute a short porting guide. Such a document
should be included with the 1.3 API reference. Let me know if you are
interested, I can give you a template that we can include in
devel-docs/libgimp later.

Sven