Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Kudos to The GIMP Developers!

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno" <gwidion@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Arranging for the GIMP to be able to generate PDFs with "text layers
> as text" is on my "todo for 2.2" list.

To get that done in sane way, you'd have to use a PDF Pango backend.
There is such a beast but last I checked it wasn't working that well
and it depends on PDFLib. Also the current PDB API for text is
definitely not sufficient for this but it would be worth to extend it
for this matter.

BTW, it would be really nice if you could communicate this better.
Your "todo for 2.2" should better be made available to the other
developers since we will soon have to decide on the feature list for
GIMP 2.2.

Sven