Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: GimpCon RFC: Portable XCF

At 6:29 PM +0200 8/14/03, Øyvind Kolås wrote:
Then you jsut want to be able to understand the XML file, which is the
reason I proposed using something like xml in the first place, the rest
of the logic would then be contained in your application.

Well, yes, I need to understand the FILE FORMAT...whether that be XML, PNG, TIFF, XCF, etc.

But there seems to be a general belief that there should be a standard library for reading/writing the file format to help reduce the issues of multiple implementations. That library shoudl ONLY be a file format handler, it should NOT be all of GEGL...

LDR -- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Leonard Rosenthol <mailto:leonardr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <http://www.lazerware.com>