Re: [Gimp-developer] Startup Notification support...

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Patrick McFarland wrote:

> On 26-Jul-2003, Daniel Egger wrote:
> > I think the problem is that 1.2 is far more used in productive work
> > because artists and designers are afraid running software which is
> > stamped alpha or beta more than just occasionally.
>
> Wrong, Im an artist, and I prefer 1.3 over 1.2.

"One Swallow does not a summer make".

Normal users in general abhor using anything labelled beta,
consider your self extraordinary.

The quality of most proprietary software has even caused users to distrust
N.0 release and wait for the first or second service patch.

If you can build from source then you are probably more developer than
user anyway.

While it is great that there are GIMP users willing to make the
extra effort to use 1.3 I really hope to see GIMP being used by everyone
else.  The sooner we stamp out piracy of Adobe Photoshop the bettter :)

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/