Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: new-xcf [Re: Gimp-developer Digest, Vol 10, Issue 18]

Christopher W. Curtis wrote:

The downside to using 'ar', really, is that WinZip doesn't support it. I haven't verified this - I hope a Windows user can do so for us. Just for reference, attached below is a C&P of an ar archive I just made:

Hmm..that just seens just plain as no downside at all.
You see..windows users don't even have a comom tool to edit
large ASCII files. Saying that a proprietary tool doesn't support this
archive type should be of no concern.

They will be able to open the New Gimp File based on ar on Microsoft Word, if there is such a need of a format hackeable by windows users.

Chris