Re: [Gimp-developer] Allow Maximise in Dialogs, like in Paint Shop Pro 8

On 08/17/03 15:04, Alan Horkan wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, Sven Neumann wrote:
>> On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 19:05, Alan Horkan wrote:
>>
>> > The problem is that to resize the windows you need to grab the window edge
>> > and drag, so this useful and worthwhile feature is wasted.
>> > If a window can be resized then it really should have the Maximise Window
>> > decoration (with the rare exception of a few message dialogs).  (Similarly
>> > you there should probably be a minimise icon for any of the non modal
>> > dialogs).
>>
>> We certainly don't fiddle with the window decorations. It's entirely the
>> fault of your WM.
>
> Bet you Five Euro Havoc Pennington will disagree and that the GIMP should
> be setting additional hints or suchlike.

For what it's worth, kwm (the KDE window manager) puts the maximize
button on every dialog that I tried, except for the new image dialog -
even dialogs that are menu tear-offs.  Maximizing the menu tearoff does
not actually maximize it though, which makes sense to me, given how most
of the other dialogs resize themselves when maximized.

Though I don't see this as being much of an issue personally, the KDE
window manager handles it as you seem to expect.

Chris