Re: [Gimp-developer] Edit Alpha as Mask

I failed to send this to the list yesterday.
I have a proposal to the matter of editting the alpha channel as mask, as follows:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Edit Alpha as Mask
Date: 10 Sep 2003 13:04:27 +0200
From: Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx>
To: Joao S. O. Bueno <gwidion@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno" <gwidion@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>(...)
Yup...
Instead of changing the alpha channel when adding a layer mask, create an option besides "apply layer mask". I think "Replace layer alpha with mask" would be descriptive enough and add the needed functionality,

You are bringing up a completely new point here and I think you want to repost this to the list.

Sven -- J.S. -><-