Re: [Gimp-developer] "Ken Burns" style animation tool: standalone or plug-in?

On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 02:35, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

> OK, I tried to use a GAP's move path on a high resolution image. It
> seems to require a moving image as source? If a want to use a *still*

It can be a still.

> image as source, does this mean I have to create n copies of the
> already large image, and GAP then loads each (identical) image
> separately, and extracts the zoomed-in and panned frame from it?

No. You just have one source image that will be rendered to the final
composite as a new layer.

> Ugh. Also, the GAP's move path dialog didn't seem to have a way to set
> the destination frame size directly in pixels, only hard-to-use
> percentages?

Yes, only in percentages. I have made a tutorial on GAP that has a
description of the move path dialog at
http://jimmac.musichall.cz/tutor2.php3 that you may find useful.

cheers

--