Re: [Gimp-developer] Wrong terminology in color picker tool

Hi,

Daniel Egger <degger@xxxxxxx> writes:

> I just noticed that GIMP uses the label Radius to describe a slider
> which is effectivly describing the size of a square area. This seems
> pretty misleading to me, what about edgelength or alike instead?

Are you refering to the GimpColorTools here? (Derivatives of
GimpColorTool are all the color correction tools as well as the paint
tools.)  You are right that we are using a square area here but since
the value in question describes the half width of the square, radius
seems appropriate. But since the code for color-picking is now finally
in a single place, we could change it to use and preview a circle.
Would that make sense?

Sven