Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp, docbook or apple trees, fruit or seeds

Hi,

Daniel Egger <degger@xxxxxxx> writes:

> That's exactly my point. Sorry to be negative here but I have the very
> strong feeling that we will not get gimp-help-2 into adequate shape
> until the projected date of release of GIMP 2.0 and as such it doesn't
> make a whole lot of sense to me to bend over trying to somehow get the
> transformation and the help-browser in place because it's a waste of
> precious time when not knowing that it'll be used for a longer period of
> time.

I think we could get the framework done for 2.0 and fill in the
content when 2.0 is out. The help files are supposed to be distributed
separately anway so I don't see the long period of time you are
speaking of.

> The explanation I proviced about displaying HTML instead of DocBook
> directly (still just for the online help!) should show why this an
> inferior solution. I've a few more points in case someone wants to
> discuss it over, but for me there's no point in supporting a quick
> hack instead of a proper long term solution which the HTML one
> simply cannot be, at least not in this form, and I haven't heard of
> a better one yet.

I tried to outline one. Should I try to explain it again?

Sven